KEENE, N.H.- The Keene State Owls women's soccer team picked up a goal in the 13th minute of the contest, and rode that all the way to the finish, as the Owls pick up their fourth consecutive victory, in a 1-0 shutout win over the UMass Dartmouth Corsairs.
- Keene State: 7-7-0 (4-2-0 LEC)
- UMass Dartmouth: 3-11-0 (1-5-0 LEC)
How it Happened:
The Keene State Owls wasted very little time in the contest to get on the scoreboard as Kaliana Palhof put up her sixth goal of the season in the 14th minute of the game. The Owls made perfect passes that lead to the goal from Palhof. KSC's Patricia Norton came away with a pass directly to Sarah Carron who then made a one touch through pass to Kaliana Palhof, who was all alone inside the box facing the UMass Dartmouth goalkeeper Jaimee O'Brien. Palhof took a shot with her right foot and put the ball into the left side of the net, resulting in the Owls taking an early 1-0 lead.
Shortly after the Owls took the lead, UMass Dartmouth came up with their best chance of the first half when Hannah Souza found some opening just outside of the box and took a shot that GK Abbie Terrinca saw fly inches over her hand and ended up hitting the cross bar and out of play. GK Abbie Terrinca would come up with two saves in the first 45 minutes of play. Terrinca was then subbed for Shelby Offord, a tandem the Owls have seen for most of the season. The Corsairs keeper shrugged away one shot out of two on goal in the first half for Keene State.
Keene State would come out and dominate much of the attacking time in the second half, receiving much more of the quality chances. The Owls were stopped on multiple quality chances by the Corsairs goalkeeper Jaimee O'Brien.
The Corsairs found their best chance of the second half in the 57th minute when Jillian Prout took a shot that had to be handled by the Owls second half starter Shelby Offord. KSC held possession for most of the second half, putting up 15 total shots in the half. UMass Dartmouth put up just two total shots in the second half, seeing just Prout's chance on goal.
Inside the Box:
- Keene State's Kaliana Palhof netted her 6th goal of the season, putting her just one goal behind teammate Jordyn Abasciano for the team lead.
- The Corsairs fall to 3-11 on the season, falling by a final score of 1-0 for the 5th time.
- Keene State dominated in shots in the second half, recording 15 total shots to UMass Dartmouth's two total shots.
- Keene State improves their all-time record against UMass Dartmouth to 28-3-2. The Owls and Corsairs ended in a draw last time season 2-2 at Cressy Field.
- The Keene State Owls will be back to Dr. Ron Butcher Field on Tuesday, when they host Salem State at 7:00 pm.
- UMass Dartmouth heads home to take on Westfield State, also on Tuesday at 7:00 pm.