KEENE, N.H. - The Keene State College women's lacrosse team used a huge first half to ease past New England College 18-3, as the Owls picked up their third straight win at the Owl Athletic Complex.
- Keene State: 4-3
- NEC: 4-3
How It Happened
Keene State shutout NEC 14-0, in the first half en route to an 18-3 win on Tuesday evening. Ali Daisy started the offensive showcase for the Owls, as she found the net off a Brigid Casey feed. Casey then continued her dominant freshman campaign with an unassisted tally. Casey then added her second of the day, off a great pass from Chelsea Lewis to make it 3-0. Erica Chareth got on the board off a Tess Masci helper, before Masci added a goal of her own to make it 5-0 at the 25:34 mark. Ali Daisy continued the offensive display with two more goals of her own, to give her a first half hat-trick, off two Casey feeds. The Daisy - Casey connection continued, when the freshman added another two, for her fourth goal of the half. At the 12:24 mark, Chelsea Lewis joined the score sheet with an unassisted goal to make it 10-0. Daisy then beat the NEC goalie with her fourth of the day off another great pass from Casey, before Erica Chareth scored her second. Lewis then added her second goal off a free-position shot and Shannon Weisensee scored off a Lewis pass, to give the Owls a commanding 14-0 lead at the break.
The job was done in the first half for the Owls, as the scoring slowed in the second 30 minutes. New England College got on the board when Alyssa Tursi found the back of the net off a Tara Bainbridge pass. Erica Chareth then scored her hat-trick unassisted to give KSC a 15-1 advantage. With 14:03 to go, Tara Bainbridge scored off a pass from Lauren Rich before Tess Masci added her second goal off a Meghan Jackes helper. Christina Kahigian then became the seventh Owl to score in the game to make it 17-2. Casey then scored her fifth to cap off the excellent day for the Owls, as NEC's Ally Freeman scored with just second remaining. KSC came away with an 18-3 win and their third straight victory at home.
Inside the Crease
- Brigid Casey led the Owls with five goals and four assists. Ali Daisy added four goals and two assists, while Chelsea Lewis finished with two goals and two helpers.
- Erica Chareth added a hat-trick, and Tess Masci also finished with two goals and one assist.
- The Pigrims saw goals from Alyssa Tursi, Tara Bainbridge and Ally Freeman.
- Joanna Steinhauer picked up the win, as she played the first 30 minutes and finished with four saves. Anna O'Brien came in for the second half and had a save. Ashley Coughlin had 13 saves in the loss.
- Erica Chareth picked up five ground balls, while Megan Gorham had four. Emily Parker and Cadence Loos both scooped up three.
- The Owls had 13 draw controls to the Pilgrims eight.
- Keene State outshot NEC 38-12.
- Keene State continues their five game homestand, as Western Connecticut comes to the Owl Athletic Complex on Saturday April 6 at 1:00 p.m.
- New England College heads back home to take on Bay Path tomorrow, April 3 at 4:00 p.m.