Oct 13, 2018
BRUNSWICK, Maine--Lauren Perkowski posted her third individual win of the season as the Keene State College men's and women's cross country teams competed at the Bowdoin Invitational on Saturday.
- Perkowski notched her third individual win of the year, with a time of 22:29.3 seconds on the 6K course good enough for a nearly 38 second win over Bowdoin's Julia O'Rourke. Perkowski also won the Smith Invitational on September 8 and the Keene State Invitational on September 29.
- Laura Dawson finished 11th overall in 24:16.3, with Christina Martin in 13th in 24:19.6. Lynne Hebert was in 19th place in 24:40.1
- Other Keene State finishers included Alana Olendorf in 24:51.2 for 23rd place, Brittany Gravallese in 40th in 25:39.1, Alexis Gauthier in 45th in 26:01.6, Emma Brown in 68th (27.54.5), Kara Guinan in 84th (31:07.8), and Megan Conners in 85th (31:49.3)
- The Owls were in second place as a team with 61 points; the hosts, Bowdoin, won the meet with 20 points by placing runners 2-6.
- Cameron Stinchfield turned in another strong performance as well, finishing fourth overall in 26:12.8 over eight kilometers. Iid Sheikh-Yusuf was seventh, in 26:32.6.
- Gavin Thomas posted a top-20 finish by placing 19th in 27:44.4, while Zach Coburn was 24th in 28:12.8.
- The rest of the KSC racers included Jacob Whitfield (46th, 30:26.8), Alex Medina (51st, 31:09.0), and Cameron Giordano (61st, 33:03.1).
- The Owls were fifth overall as a team, totalling 91 points. Only six points separated third through fifth in the race. Bowdoin took the men's race as well, with 41 points, while Warren Bartlett of Plymouth State was the individual winner in 25:47.6.