WESTFIELD, Mass. - Led by two first-place finishes by senior Katelyn Terry, the Keene State men's and women's track and field program competed at the 2017 Little East Conference (LEC)/New England Alliance (NEA) Championships, hosted by Westfield State, on Saturday.
- Jared Hannon placed sixth in the LEC in the 400 meter run, as the sophomore crossed the line in 50.69. Hannon also took second in the long jump in the LEC with a leap of 6.63 meters.
- Sophomore Tyler DeChane took fifth place in the 800 meter run with a time of 2:00.96, while sophomore Iid Sheikh-Yusuf and senior Matt Dudley finished the 5000 meter race in second and fifth in the LEC, respectively. Sheikh-Yusuf finished in a time of 16:12.95, while Dudley recorded a time of 16:29.63.
- Junior Ben MacDonald took third in the 10,000 meter race with a time of 35:22.11.
- In the javelin, senior Alex Magoon was second in the LEC with a throw of 52.72 meters.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Hannon, sophomore Alex Medina, sophomore Anthony Jennings and senior James Stergis-Cox registered a fifth place finish in the LEC in a time of 3:26.64.
- The Owls placed seventh in LEC competition.
- K. Terry continued her impressive senior season in dominating fashion, as K. Terry won both the 800 meter run and 1500 meter run in a time of 2:18.85 and 4:46.66, respectively, to become a two-time Little East Conference Champion.
- Lindsey Terry followed in the 800 meter run with a third place finish in a time of 2:20.31.
- In the 5000 meter run, senior Alyssa Lombardi placed sixth in the LEC, finishing in a time of 20:13.89, while sophomore Audrey Boraski was seventh with a time of 20:49.82.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of K. Terry, L. Terry, sophomore Brittany Gravellese, and freshman Nicole De Almeida continued their strong efforts during this season with a second place finish in a time of 4:02.34.
- Dominique Pascoal took third in LEC in the javelin, as the junior recorded a mark of 34.38 meters.
- Taylor Bisallion competed in the discus and shot put events, as the freshman placed seventh place in the discus with a toss of 24.19 meters and was sixth place in the shot put with a throw of 9.82 meters.
- The Owls finished sixth in LEC competition.
- The Owls will continue the postseason by traveling to Williams College for the New England Division III Championship on Friday, May 5th and Saturday, May 6th.