NEW LONDON, Conn. - Behind multiple individual season-high performances, the Keene State men's and women's track and field program competed at the Silfen Invitational, hosted by Connecticut College, on Friday evening and Saturday.
- Junior Ian Connell ran a personal best of 10:27.46 to place fifth overall in the 3000 meter steeplechase. Connell's time currently ranks him third in the Little East Conference (LEC).
- The 4x400 meter relay squad of four sophomores, Jared Hannon, Alex Medina, Anthony Jennings, and Tyler DeChane placed sixth overall with a season best of 3:34.32.
- Senior Alex Magoon placed seventh overall in the javelin with a throw of 47.96 meters.
- In his first 400 meter race of the season, senior James Stergis-Cox finished 10th overall with a time of 53.46.
- K. Terry continued her impressive senior season with a first-place finish in the 400 meter run, sprinting to a season-best 58.70, which ranks her second in the LEC and sixth in the Division III New England Region. The evening before her winning 400 meter effort, K. Terry placed fourth in the 800 meter with a personal best of 2:15.38. K. Terry's 800 meter time currently ranks her first in the LEC, eighth in the D3 New England Region, and 23rd nationally in NCAA Division III.
- In her second meet of the season, Dominique Pascoal threw a personal best in the javelin of 37.76 meters for third place. The junior's mark ranks her first in the LEC, 14th in the Division III New England Region and 39th nationally. Freshman Taylor Bisaillon and junior Melissa Wydra also competed in the javelin, as Bisaillon placed 8th with a throw of 31.00 meter, while Wydra placed 11th in the javelin with a throw of 28.95 meters.
- Alyssa Lombardi continued her outstanding senior campaign placing eighth in the 1500 meter run with a personal best of 4:57.72, which currently ranks her third in the LEC.
- Sophomore Alana Olendorf ran a big personal best of 12:48.94 in the 3000 meter steeplechase for 11th overall, as the sophomore's time tops the rankings in the LEC.
- Freshman Lauren Perkowski placed 14th in the 10,000 meter run with a time of 41:50.47, which ranks her second in the LEC.
Senior Lindsey Terry placed eighth in the 400 metr dash with a time of 61.78, while sophomore Brittany Gravallese ran a season best time of 2:24.56 in the 800 meter run.
- The Owls will compete in the Springfield College Invitational, hosted by Springfield College, on Saturday, April 22nd with events beginning at 10:00 a.m.