KEENE, N.H. – Wesley McIntosh scored with 5:04 remaining in regulation to propel the Keene State College men's soccer team past the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 1-0 in Little East Conference action Thursday night.
- Keene State: 5-3-0, 2-0 Little East Conference
- UMass Dartmouth: 0-7-1, 0-2-1 Little East Conference
How It Happened
UMass Dartmouth threatened early as a free kick by Vangjel Kutulla launched a free kick from 45 yards out on target, but the Keene State netminder Anthony Pasciuto picked up the save. KSC flipped the field soon after as the Owls had three corner kicks in the opening 10 minutes of the match, but there were no shots that followed. On the fourth corner shortly after, Isaish Lovering's header just missed wide right.
Midway through the first half, Keene State had an excellent scoring chance as the Owls caused a three on one, but a full speed Joao Correia took a goal off the board, as he booted the ball into the bleachers for a KSC corner. With 16 minutes remaining before the half, the Owls had another great scoring chance as Benny Tamzarian played the ball forward with a header. McIntosh flicked the ball ahead for Emmanuel Smith who's shot just sailed right of the post.
In the 61st minute, LJ Luster crossed the ball and connected with Tamzarian in the box, but his header missed left. UMass Dartmouth's best chance at goal was in the 76th minute, as off their lone corner kick, Goncalo Roias' header just squeaked over the crossbar. With just 5:04 left on the clock, Smith sent a through ball freeing McIntosh from the Corsairs' back line as was able to bury the ball into the lower left corner of the cage for the game-winner.
Inside the Box
- Pasciuto picked up his second career shutout, lowering his conference-leading goals-against average to 0.29 following one save in tonight's game.
- In cage for the Corsairs, Jacob Castro made four stops.
- The Owls had a 15-3 lead in the shot department, while they also had a 9-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- With the win, Keene State increases their lead in the all-time series to 20-10-2
- Keene State continues LEC play as they take on Rhode Island College on Saturday, September 29th. The game kicks off at 1 p.m.
- UMass Dartmouth returns home as they host UMass Boston on Saturday, September 29th at 3 p.m.