Ellissa Coburn, Softball, Junior, Claremont N.H.
1. What is your funniest moment with your teammates?
One of the funniest moments that comes to mind is everyone on the team last spring was given an animal they most likely resemble, so at random times during practices you can look on the field and see the girls acting like their animal. We have an ostrich, a yellow lab, a cat, two bunnies, a panda, a sloth, and others animals on our team!
2. What’s your favorite food from the Dining Commons?
3. What did you carve in your pumpkin this year for Pumpkinfest?
4. What’s the best part about living in the Dorms?
Meeting new people.
5. What’s your favorite intramural sport to play and why?
I don’t play an intramural but probably basketball because I miss playing it so much.
6. What is the most challenging part about not living with your parents?
No home cooked meals at night.
7. Where’s your favorite place to eat in Keene and why?
Olive Garden, hands down! I can’t live without their breadsticks!
8. What’s your most embarrassing moment as an athlete?
I have a hiccup problem and my most embarrassing moment definitely is the first time I hiccupped on the field. The team had no idea what just happened. Now everyone gets a kick out of them and I no longer feel embarrassed.
9. What’s does the phrase student athlete mean to you?
Student athlete means a student balancing both academics and athletics. It is not always the easiest thing in the world to do, however practicing for a sport or playing games gets you away from the books once in a while and it is a nice break sometimes. Then as soon as practice is over its back to the books.
10. Where do you see yourself after your time here at Keene State?
I hope to see myself back in my hometown, or close to it, teaching at an elementary school and becoming a coach.