Keene State College is a leader in athletic and recreational program excellence. We provide a quality experience for all levels of participation. Through participation, students will enhance academic productivity, improve physical and psychological fitness, and gain social skills, which add to their quality of life.
The Keene State athletic/recreation department strives to maintain professionalism by adhering to the following list of principles:
- Honesty is the underlying theme on which all interaction is based and is the foundation of our professional behavior.
- Our commitment is to provide educational experiences and opportunities to enhance the quality of life and to do our job right.
- Enthusiasm and dedication shown throughout our work transforms the experiences of the students from ordinary events to lifetime memories.
- Mutual support and understanding are necessary for successful programs and services.
- Every individual will be treated with respect.
Philosophy And Goals
It is the philosophy of KSC athletics that intercollegiate sports must be secondary to a program of academic excellence. The athletic program at KSC serves three basic purposes:
- 1. To provide student-athletes with an opportunity to earn a degree and become productive members of society, in accordance with the mission of the college;
- 2. To provide student-athletes with opportunities to demonstrate athletic excellence in an environment which promotes sportsmanship and ethical behavior, abides by Title IX regulations and which places a premium on the health and welfare of the student-athlete;
- 3. To bring to KSC recognition and community support, which are so vital to the development of a strong college.
Keene State College is fully committed to equal opportunity and support for female and male athletes.
Information regarding this effort can be found by entering Keene State College in the Name of Institution field at: ope.ed.gov/athletics/Search.asp